Drama and cinema in the Indian context are strictly related. Even when it’s a historical saga that unfolds on screen, a whole vortex of emotions takes centre stage in some form in the retelling and more often than not love and compassion permeates the entire plethora of affection that runs deep in the drama.
The 2015 historic drama Bajirao Mastani is essentially the life story of a warrior king and a warrior princess, but what dominates the script is the love story of the royal ‘enemies’. Well, not one, but two stories actually, with a love triangle at the fore of this major clash of passion and skills.
Below we list the 10 Bajirao Mastani dialogues that we intensely empathise with. These got us ‘feeling’, and in most cases, also fantasising!
BAJIRAO MASTANI DIALOGUES
- This one’s one of the major takeaways from the epic drama. Love, and not lust, should be the basis of your ’emotions’.
- Love isn’t easy. So when you plunge head on into love, plunge also into the ocean of turbulence that is sure to sweep you off your feet.
- Self worth, ladies. Part not with your dignity, never ever. For whomsoever. Perhaps, the meatiest of all Bajirao Mastani dialogues.
- Specifically, for all the strong willed woman out there, Mastani has our hearts set on her, sorry Bajirao.
- Life has funny ways of striking you out of the blue, specially when you least expect it. This one captures the essence of it all.
- And it’s always better to have one good enemy than a thousand bad friends.The age old adage comes to life with this poignant utterance by Kashibai.
- Love that permeates the soul and affection that transcends limits of mere physical presence is the ultimate lesson of the film. Poetic among the lot of Bajirao Mastani dialogues.
- The intricacies of battle wit and the mind that plays all along is one major takeaway that reverberates in your mind as you witness the splendor of the warrior’s exploits throughout the movie.
- The depth of love, the intensity of feelings and a heart that beats with every glimpse of your beloved, all things that you encounter by virtue of your whole hearted devotion.
- Most importantly, self appraisal lessons (by virtue of Bajirao Mastani dialogues, of course) from the ultimate warrior himself!
Borderlining on self discovery and realisation, the film is as epic in its speech renditions as it is profound in its cinematic glory. Deciphering emotions galore- the Bajirao Mastani dialogues way!