We often wonder why our skin loses the baby soft feel when we start growing up. Our own skin becomes weary. We try to keep it hydrated and enriched with required essential oils. But everything is in vain. Still, taking good care of skin is important because it is the largest organ of our body. It is the most exposed part of our body, therefore, it can be easily affected by pollution, sunburn and various diseases. Our skin needs protection.
Why should we focus on taking care of our skin?
- To keep your skin in good condition:
We keep on shedding skin most of the time. So keeping it in a good condition is necessary. An effective routine will keep the skin away from acne and wrinkles.
- To keep your skin look young:
As we grow older, the dead cells keep accumulating which makes our skin look dull and less radiant. Using a good quality clean up kit can remove the dead cells replacing it with younger cells .
- Prevention is better than cure:
Preventing our skin from any skin problem is easy and inexpensive than trying to cure them in future by spending on expensive products.
- To boost your self-confidence:
Good and relaxed skin will always make you feel better and more confident about yourself.
Home remedies for skin care have always been an option for everyone. One thing or the other like turmeric, sandal, milk, curd, gram flour are certainly available for use.
Apart from these home remedies, a trend of using facial rollers or jade rollers has become common these days. Stones like rose quartz, jade and even amethyst are being used in hand-held rollers which claim to massage and provide firmness to the skin.
According to cosmetic surgeons worldwide, these rollers have been used for some centuries in South-east Asia as a part of beauty treatment.
What are the uses of a jade roller?
There are mixed opinions of skin experts on these types of facial rollers. Some researchers say that the jade rollers work wonders on skin . On the other hand, some experts could not trace any use of these rollers.
Pros of using Jade Rollers-
Simple massages on your face with a roller can be very useful in many ways.
- Improved blood circulation- A roller stimulates the blood flow to the face and makes the skin look brighter than before.
- Decreased puffiness- It can remove excess fluid from the skin and work on the puffiness of the skin. Gentle rolling can help in decreasing the puffiness.
- Gives cooling and soothing effect- As jade is naturally a cool stone, keeping it in the refrigerator before use can give more cooling and soothing effect to the skin.
- Tightens the skin- Using a jade roller can help in tightening the pores of the skin. This will make your skin look young and bright.
- Relaxes facial muscles- The soothing effect of the cool stones can relax your facial muscles and also reduce eye bags.
- Anti-aging abilities- These rollers are considered to remove fine lines and wrinkles on the face, giving a remedy for anti-aging.
- Boosting the effect of skincare- Using jade rollers after applying beauty oils, moisturizers on skin can boost the effect of skin care. The rollers help in pushing the creams and serums deep into the skin to provide the maximum benefit.
- Suited for all skin types- Jade rollers are cool stones which are amiable to the skin. They are no beauty products which will irritate your skin in any way. Therefore, these can be used on any type of skin.
There are no such cons about jade rollers but definitely there are some facts that claim jade rollers are just like other skin care tools.
Myths related to jade rollers-
- Slimming of face- No, rollers can never slim down your face. It may decrease the puffiness for some time after its use which is just temporary.
- No guarantee of perfect skincare- Sometimes the rollers push dirt and other harmful fluids or dead cells in the pores of the skin, which can result in acne.
- Doesn’t work on deep wrinkles- Although it is said to be an anti-aging tool, it does not work on deep wrinkles. It can only get rid of fine lines only when used consistently.
The bottom line is, jade rollers are not as necessary as face wash or moisturizer. However, pampering your skin with a tool like this will do no harm. We can opt for few changes in our lifestyle along with the usage of jade rollers.
- Protect your skin from the sun.
- Avoid smoking.
- Always eat a healthy diet.
- Try to get enough sleep.
Make sure you buy an original jade, quartz or amethyst stone rollers. These days due to the trending facial rollers, the market is full of glass rollers which will show no effect on your skin. Keep your skin relaxed to boost your confidence.