Exercising is essential for persons of every age to keep themselves fit. However, the question that concerns us the most is the appropriate exercises that can be good for us. Many of us shun the idea of taking out some time for doing exercise as saying that it cannot happen due to the hectic schedules of our profession. Meanwhile, there are others who would think of the gym as the only place in the world which can offer the best form of exercises to a person but with a huge price. For this reason, gyms are considered as the richest form of fitness venues where only the elite and the privileged can make an entry. However, the best way to find some time among our busy schedules for doing exercises is to go out for a run early in the morning. Yes, I know it is very tiring and you would not like to get up from that comfortable mattress at the crack of dawn. Running is the best way to physically firm up your body and strengthen your mind with a renewed vigour before coming back home, take a bath and then rushing off to your office. Although there are many benefits of running, the wondrous among them all is that it improves our mental health which is so important for us to focus on our work with a happy and calm mind. Imagine yourself running through the roads or park near your home with the wind literally whipping against your face. Besides making you feel pleased with its coolness, it can also help you burn away all the blues away along with that of the unwanted calories so that you can remain in a fine physically fit condition. The other benefits of running includes stronger muscles, improved immunity and cognitive function, glucose regulation, low blood pressure, longer lifespan and of course increasing the level of self-love which is the most beautiful type of love that exist in this world. Take inspiration from these motivational quotes so that running can change your life-
1. Running allows me to set my mind free. Nothing seems impossible. Nothing unattainable
American athlete Kara Goucher, who was a silver medallist at the 2007 World Championships, has rightfully said that running gives everyone the state of ultimate freedom which cannot be stolen nor opposed. Moreover, it is a freedom in a real sense whose blissfulness only the runner can comprehend perfectly.
2. I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days
Athletics lover Ronald Rook said that he keeps running in order to increase his lifespan. According to a 2018 research paper, runners have about a 25 to 30 percent lower rate of all-cause mortality than non-runners. The research also finds that ‘any amount of running, even once a week, is better than no running.’ So, now you know why is running so important ?
3. The pain of running relieves the pain of living.
Clinical psychologist, author and runner Jacqueline Simon Gunn has the best remedy for burning away all the worries which is running. When you run, it is a fact that you will sweat. The best thing is that the sweating will not only get rid of the excess fat but will also filter out all the unwanted thoughts that hamper your productivity and help you focus on your coming work better
4. Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it
Popular American talk show host Oprah Winfrey feels that giving much energy in running will only help us in receiving the much deserving health benefits. When running is fun, boosts mental and physical health, what can stop us from literally flying with the wind?
5. I run because if I didn’t, I’d be sluggish and glum and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary. I run to savour the trip along the way. Life becomes a little more vibrant, a little more intense. I like that.
The absolute reasons on why any person should adopt the practice of running regularly has been well explained by ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes. His quote can inspire a diehard non-runner to try running and finally soak into the enjoyment of it.
6. If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.
Sports author John Bingham, who has inspired a generation of new runners to find joy in walking, running, and racing, is of the opinion that there is no age barrier for starting running as a form of daily exercise and there isn’t any material laurels to be achieved but it can improve your health tremendously
7. Running is about finding your inner peace, and so is a life well lived
Ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes can find mental peace while running and so will you once you start doing so. As mental peace brings about happiness and contentment, just imagine the joys you will get if you indulge in the habit of running regularly.
8. I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because it always takes me where I want to go
With the hope to inspire people to run, Dean Karnazes also said that he enjoys running as it takes him to places he wished to go. The best thing about running is that it allows you to have complete control over yourself in this world. His sayings are really the brilliant types of running motivational quotes that tells about the beauty and benefits of running.
9. Running is alone time that lets my brain unspool the tangles that build up over days. I run, pound it out on the pavement, channel that energy into my legs, and when I’m done with my run, I’m done with it.
Journalist and runner Rob Haneisen started the practice of running to deal with the grief of losing his brother. He has perfectly summed in his quote as how running can prove to be a great mental therapy.
10. There is something magical about running; after a certain distance, it transcends the body. Then a bit further, it transcends the mind. A bit further yet, and what you have before you, laid bare, is the soul.
Bicyle racer and Olympic gold medallist Kristin Armstrong beautifully describes about the type of freedom that running can bring.
These running motivational quotes can surely inspire everyone on the necessity of running. Do share these running motivational quotes to encourage everyone to live a healthy life.