Brazil is the largest country in the whole of South as well as Latin America, and with a veritable reserve of natural endowence and pristine beauty, this is one country that is truly enchanting. Even when the lush green rainforests and the colorful Brazilian culture of an enticing race of people invite you to this land of pure natural charm, you cannot miss some other very understated facts about Brazil that are as vital to the appeal of this scenic land as any other.
OSAMA BIN LADEN THEMED BARS
- Although the trend of such a bizarre themed bar was started by someone who bears an uncanny resemblance to the slain Al Qaeda leader Bin Laden, Brazil now boasts of numerous such hangout joints that have been mushrooming in response to the booming business such a trend entailed.
- Essentially the residing abode of low income people, slums in Brazil known as Favelas are somewhat of tourist hotspots as well.
21 UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES
- This is one huge distinction. For a country that has been endowed with enormous natural and cultural as well as historical reserves of stunning marvels, World Heritage Sites are never a rarity.
WORLD’S LARGEST PARTY
- The Rio de Janeiro carnival is touted to be the world’s largest party, with a colorful display of fun and frolic and life in all hues.
BOYS DON’T CRY!
- It is a ritual in Brazil for boys to bear the pain from Bullet Ants before they become adults.
- Ilha do Bananal (Island of the Banana Groves) is the world’s largest freshwater island, and one of the most picturesque water bodies.
- Curitiba-Paranaguá Train Ride in Paraná is one of the most romantic train rides in the world, with a scenic appeal and a naturally vibrant backdrop that provides the perfect romantic setting.
- Rio de Janeiro is a part world heritage site and one of the most photogenic cities of the world.
TAKING A CUE?
- Bumbum policies which arose from the prevalent ‘policy’ by politicians of having their backsides insured!
COPIOUS CUPS OF BREW
- Brazil has been the world’s largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years.
- Brazil is the only country through which the Equator as well as the Tropic of Capricorn runs.
- Brazil shares border with every country in the continent except Chile and Ecuador.
MAN MADE WONDER
- Monumental Axis is the world’s widest road, that can accommodate 160 rows of vehicles side by side.
- Same sex marriage is legal in the country that also grants the provision of sex change operation as a constitutional right.